Friday, February 17, 2012

Sans-MacBook

Hi lovelies!

I am home visiting my mom for the long weekend :] Unfortunately this means my blogging is limited to using her PC with on again - off again semi stable wifi internet connection. This greatly limits my blogging abilities, so I apologize for not having a Thrifted Thursday this week, also for not getting back to your comments yet. I have read them all but am unable to write back at this moment, I hope to get to all of your comments tonight by the very latest. It is sad, but I get so jumbled when trying to use a PC after having used Macs for the past few years #graphicdesignerproblems. I am planning on some fun posts for next week, I just wanted to keep you all in the loop. In the mean time I plan on snuggling up with sweetpea and hitting up some new thrift stores with my mom. I can't wait!


Latest news: My first website design for a local business went live Wednesday. Wahoo. I feel weird sharing it on here/having it linked to my personal blog, so I have posted only a screen shot to show you the gist of it (I designed the logo as well). Overall I am happy with how it turned out.

Image from Jame Karas Reviews.

Wednesday night my Mom and I saw South Pacific at the Cadillac Palace. It was wonderful. I loved the story, music, and men in navy attire - what more could a girl ask for? I also want all of the girls swim suits from the show, they were adorable. If you haven't seen this show you should definitely check it out.

My bud Billy and I

Yesterday I visited two good friends of mine from school - Billy and Lindy. They graduated last May so I haven't seen them in awhile. It was so good catching up. I am so glad to be done with school but the one thing I miss is having all my friends so close by. With everyone graduated, or graduating shortly, everyone is packing up and moving all across the state and country - eeep! I really hope to keep in touch. I think I need to start writing some snail mail...

Anywho, I am off to get my thrift on. Hope you all have a lovely weekend! See you Monday.

24 comments:

  1. Have fun thrifting. I want to see "South Pacific".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and the show is wonderful. You really should check it out if you can or see the movie :]

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! The layout looks really nice and clean! Cute picture of you and your buddy =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so glad to get it up and running. :]

      Delete
  3. South Pacific looks gorgeous and I want those swimmers as well. Have fun thrifiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking all over for a good vintage looking suit but still no luck. Thanks, the thrifting turned out to be a bust this weekend however :-/

      Delete
  4. Oooh my lack of a blogging life was the same way when I stayed with my mom for the holidays. So I feel your pain! haha Don't worry, we'll be here when you get back. ;)
    ~I hope you find some neatO things at the thrift store.
    ~Kudos on your web design. From what I see, it looks fantastic and very professionally done. Bravo!
    ~I've never heard of South Pacific surprisingly, but it looks and sounds super cool! I love those bathing suits, too! I have a couple retro suits from ModCloth that I love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am glad someone else understands. My mom only has a wifi stick for her laptop and it is just a pain to try to get into the groove of blogging on it.
      - I found a two dresses but that was it on the thrifting front. I was hoping for better luck because on President's day everything was half off ... oh well.
      - Thank you so much! I am so glad it is live.
      - I had heard of it but wasn't familiar with any of the songs once the show began. It was a great show. I have to check out the suits from ModCloth then because I have been looking to by a retro suit for a bit now :]

      Delete
  5. The costumes from South Pacific in that photo are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I want the coral one piece :]

      Delete
  6. YAYYYY the real estate/home place design looks great!! Good job and congratulations! And I have mostly worked on PCs, but when I was doing a photo/design job for this boutique I worked only on a Mac for about 5 months. The shift back to PC was reaal weird.

    Have fun with your mom little bunny : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is so weird trying to shift between the two because all of the shortcuts are slightly different. I had to use photoshop on my Dads PC over the weekend and got so frustrated.

      We had a really fun weekend, thank you lady! I will post about our adventures later this week.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness that show looks so adorable and sounds wonderful! I, too, love the swimsuits! Is it summer yet?

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sighhh...I wish! Only a few more months thankfully.

      Delete
  8. From what I can tell the website looks great, a fresh clean look - looks friendly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is what we were going for so I am glad it comes across :]

      Delete
  9. Always good visiting with old friends : ) And is that a Panera booth? Probably the BEST place to meet up EVER :D Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. great!!
    http://viva-la--jenny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to know you're having a good time. You're so right about the bathing suits! They're so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fun weekend. I love hanging at home with the fam :]

      Delete

Newer Older Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...