Friday, March 30, 2012

Guest post - Jessica Chronicled

Hi Shy Scout readers! I'm Jessica and I blog over at jessica chronicled. I'm so excited to be guest posting for Allison and so happy that she gets to take a fun little trip to Japan! The content on my own blog ranges from rambling about my hubby and our little pup to sharing my own thoughts on my faith, life, and fashion. I thought I would share a fashion post with you all today (because Miss Allison here has such great style!)

Pattern mixing has been one of my favorite recent trends. One thing that I have definitely discovered is that making one of your patterns a black & white print makes mixing so much easier. Here I paired a thick b&w stripe with leopard print on my shoes.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Blouse: Thrifted, Blazer: F21, Shoes: F21, Pants: uuuhhh, I don't remember?

Oh, and this was the first day that my pants have seen daylight since sometime in the fall. That's a little embarrassing. Perhaps I need some more twirly skirts like Allison. So, have you tried pattern mixing? Do you love it? I think I'm basically obsessed. As in, I stand in my closet for long periods of time just thinking about which patterns I could pair. I'm also a fan of pairing florals with anything, but there's really no logic behind that one other than the fact that I just love floral prints.

A special thanks to Allison again, for having me guest post! I hope the trip is the best!

11 comments:

  1. love pattern mixing and your shoes are fabulous.

    pljewels.blogspot.com

    belladonna2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is absolutely adorable and I love how you've mixed everything here!!! XO Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great! Red+leopard print are such a timeless combination...and they suit you fantastically...so chic!

    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica!

    Must. Have. Your. Shoes.

    That is all : )

    mybillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Jessica! Love your pattern mixing - and this blog!

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mix patterns all the time. I'm kind of not afraid of anything when it comes to mixing patterns on my body. So, sometimes it looks awesome and I think sometimes it looks crazy and people just don't want to tell me. But, I have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! I think every girl needs a red blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those heels! Leopard print is such a fun print! :)

    http://vivikstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Great outfit!

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...