Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Love you to brunches

Hi all! Wednesday already - phew! I am pretty darn excited for this weekend. A group of twelve of us are headed up to Starved Rock to camp. I haven't been camping since prom weekend 6ish years ago. I have been trying to round a group of people up to camp for the past few years and finally it has come together. I look forward to forcing my room mate to listen to 90's music and show tunes on the way up and then making smore's and telling ghost stories at night. Yep. Like I said, pretty excited. I am trying to take advantage of the last bits of summer we have left. It sure flew by.

It's been awhile since i've posted a Wardrobe Wednesday post, so here goes nothing. I recently went on a bit of shopping spree - ever have one of those days where you hate everything you own? Well, put away your credit card when that happens! I love this dress though. A girl needs a little pick me up every now and then.

aDSC_0025 aDSC_0028 aaDSC_0044

I wore this dress to work the day I got it and everyones response was, "you look like a 50's house wife... and an elementary school teacher." I'll take it!

Outfit Details: Love you to brunches dress - ModCloth | Shoes - Blowfish.

Sweetpea wanted to play dress up as well so she hopped in a few shots. Haha. That poor dog will let me do anything to her. She did make it up on ModCloth though for National Hotdog day!

Have a good day everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Camping sounds fun, I've actually never really camped, maybe one day! Also, love this dress and I have plenty of days where I hate everything I own. Sometimes one or two new things just makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go camping but never have - I tend to opt for staying in log cabins instead. What a cutie pie your dog is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going through a "i hate everything in my closet" phase right now! resisting the urge to go on a shopping spree.

    love the photo of you and your dog -- you both look adorable

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camping sounds so fun! I haven't gone in a really long time! Right now is the perfect time to go and I think this dress is beautiful. The back is such a nice touch. hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this dress! that purple is great!
    and camping that will be so fun!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like so much fun! I haven't been camping since I was a little girl. Love the outfit too. Soo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to read your blog all the time, but I created a new blog this May and forgot about all the blogs I used to love, so thank you for commenting on mine so I could find you again. I appreciate your kind words and your dress is just adorable. I've never been a big camping fan, but I think that's just because it's too cold in England and that's what puts me off! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet dress! You look fab Allison and Sweetpea is always such a cutie!
    Have fun on your camping trip!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  9. too.freaking.cute.

    have fun at camp! i'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are so adorable, have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally saw Sweetpea on Modcloth!! Awesome :) She looks adorable and you look beautiful as always! This dress is gorgeous, I'm kind of obsessed with lilac right now and of course I always love a good collar. Have fun camping! I've been bugging my Hubby about going lately too :)
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, omg, that costume for Sweetpea is so cute. You look adorable as always, I use to have people tell me all the time that I looked like a "sexy librarian" and my response was always "I'll take it!". I still don't get how wearing a cardigan automatically puts you in the librarian profession but *shruggies*. I hope you had a good time camping, I've been dying to go camping but I'm waiting for the mosquitoes to get the hell out of town.

    <3Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog and feel like us fellow redheads would be good friends! The dress looks great! And I love your design! I'm learning a lot about coding and blog design for my own blog and really love the look and design of yours! Great job!

    Xo
    Jess
    www.openheartbeats.com

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...